Monday, August 10, 2009

quilting extravaganza

 My best friend of around 18 years, Lydia, from Michigan, was fortunate enough to get an internship with Genworth Financial in Richmond this summer. How excited was I!  Before she came, I was talking to her online about how I was going to make a quilt for Brian's sister, Jenny, and how she should make one too!  So I basically made her do a very impulsive purchase online of some fabric for these quilts we were going to make together.  Before I left for Peru, we started to lay our pieces out and play around with compositions, but then I left for a month, so the project was in a standstill.  When I returned from Peru, I was working so much and our schedules conflicted.  FINALLY, we found the time about two weeks ago to really put the pedal to the metal and start sewing and piecing everything together.  So in between both of us working 9 hours M-F, we started to put these together.  Sadly, Lydia is leaving on Wednesday, so these next few days are going to be FULL of quilting 24/7.  My top piece of the quilt is complete and we are *hopefully* finishing hers tonight.  After which, we are finding our back fabrics, quilting them together, and doing all the finishing.  Cross your fingers that we finish before Wednesday night because that is our deadline!

Here are some in progress photos of all the fun we had! ;)

Lydia's quilt- In Progress Photos






My Quilt--In progress photos







No comments:

Post a Comment